So I am back, how’s every one been ? To be honest I have been lazy the whole last week (add travelling /vacation to that as the reason for missed post) . What can a lazy lady who is not in a mood to cook can make for dinner? Mind you this lazy gal is a foodie (Gal sounds better than Lady to me 😉 ). Here comes my favorite Thai Vegetable Salad with peanut butter dressing. It’s a perfect crunchy salad with a very spicy tangy flavorful dressing . The peanut butter makes it so nice and nutty that it tastes very different for the regular salad dressings, I love Thai Vegetable Salad !! I am sure you will too.
Veggies to be used in this salad is up to you, I have used a mix of salad greens (baby spinach, lettuce, kale , purple cabbage , etc.), cabbage, carrots, snap peas, bell peppers, broccoli etc. Does this sound a lot of chopping ?? Well think about sitting on your dining table with your legs nicely rested on a comfy foot rest and chopping 😀 . It’s obviously up to you to choose the veggies for the salad just choose the non soggy ones. Remove seeds if using tomatoes or cucumbers.
For the dressing, now this is my favoritest (if that’s a word 😉 ) part about this salad. We use peanut butter for nuttiness, vinegar for the tang, lots of chili flakes/ dry chili for heat and a little honey / sugar to balance the heat and tang. Imagine the burst of flavors in your mouth actually that’s not all , it also has ginger garlic and fresh cilantro/ coriander to add that zing. I am sure you would definitely like to try this lovely peanut butter dressing with my awesome Thai vegetable salad.
Now if you are not in a lazy mood and don’t mind cooking and a some more calories, there is a suggested upgrade to the recipe which will make this Thai Vegetable Salad much more crunchy and tasty. Try adding some fried noodles before serving and mix well. So you deep fry noodles that are already boiled.
However I chose to stick the comparatively low cal version for many obvious reasons. So lets check out the recipe for this quick, flavorful and healthy Thai Vegetable salad.
- Finely chopped Cabbage-1 cup
- Thinly sliced red yellow and green bell peppers-1 cup
- Carrots-3 medium
- Mixed salad greens: 1 cup
- Roasted peanuts:1/4 cup
- Peanut Butter: 1/4 cup
- Vinegar: 4 tbsp
- Soy Sauce:1 tbsp
- Garlic : 2 large cloves
- Ginger :1 inch piece
- Sugar/ honey: 1/2 tbsp*
- Salt: 1/4 tbsp
- Chili flakes: 1-2 tbsp*
- Green Coriander: Handful
- Vegetable Oil: 3 tbsp
- Wash and peel carrots and use peeler to get carrot shavings and discard the middle part.
- Roughly cut the snap peas into bite sizes.
- Mix all the salad veggies in a nice big salad bowl so that it's easy to toss.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a blender and blend well.
- When ready to serve to the salad with as much dressing you like and top with roasted peanuts
- * Adjust the chili and sugar of the dressing to taste.
- Also if you may use green chilies instead of dried red ones the only difference would be a greener dressing.
- To add an extra crunch to the salad you might want to fry some boiled noodles and add before tossing with the dressing.
To my weight watchers please make sure to try this salad, you will love it and make some extra peanut butter dressing you may even use it as a dip for your veggies. Also try my recipes for other salads to keep up with your healthy and low cal meals. Greek Salad, Fruit and vegetable, the flax seeds and veggies salad are just a few examples.