What do you do when you get up one Tuesday and realize you haven’t clicked any picture last week for this week’s recipe? Simple you make the Oats and Peanut butter balls !!!! ready in just 10 minutes .. easy peasy mac and cheesy.
Yes that’s what happened to me this morning , I didn’t have a new recipe ready to be posted today. Just then this Idea of making oats and peanut butter bars struck my head….. I had it in my mind for a long time but I guess this was just the time.
Basic oats and peanut butter balls only need oats and peanut butter and a sweetener. When I started looking for ingredients in my pantry that’s exactly what I had in my mind. But the experimental me added coconut, condensed milk, and a dash of vanilla and it lifted the flavors.
It is a super simple recipe needs toasting oats and just mixing everything up. Very high in fiber and nutrients and if your kids like it you are going to love me for this one . Please be experimental with these quick Oats and peanut butter balls. You may add choco chips, resins or any dry fruit of your choice or even mix the if you like.
Here I used all natural peanut butter and I love the natural buttery nutty flavor at room temperature. Also I have used sweetened condensed milk for the mild sweetness but don’t worry if you don’t have a can handy just replace it with honey for a little different flavor.
So lets check out the quick and healthy recipe for these Oats and peanut butter balls.
- Quick cooking oats: 1/2 cup
- Desiccated coconut: 1/4 cup
- All natural Peanut butter- 2-3 heaped tablespoon*
- Condensed milk / honey- 2 tbsp (or to taste)
- Vanilla:1 tsp
- Toast the oats in a pan for 3-4 minutes stirring regularly.
- In a bowl add 2 tbsp peanut butter and all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Taste and see if you need more peanut butter or honey (adjust as per your taste)
- Shape into small balls and serve, these don't need to be refrigerated.
- The quantity of peanut butter used may vary as per the temperature and consistency. Use the peanut butter at room temperature and mix the oil well before measuring teaspoons.
- If you have your peanut butter in fridge take 2 tbsp and microwave 10 sec at a time to achieve workable consistency.