Finally I am back, A very big hello to you…it s not easy to accept that vacation is over and its time to get back to blogging. Its been good two and a half months since my last blog and boy have I been busy ?
We shifted to our new beautiful home , which means a lot of packing and as soon as we shifted we went back home to Indiaaaaa… for a month and half which was a whole lot of fun. Meeting friends and family back home and every body was so happy to meet their grandson once again. Came back to Canada, dealt with jet lag for one week at least and then unpacking trying to get things settled down in some places shopping for the new home etc… So now you know what have I been up to for this period.
Finally breaking the Inertia of rest, I have got a super tasty, nutty Spicy (optional), healthy, crunchy spaghetti recipe for you. Like most of my recipes this one is quick and simple too. The peanut butter clearly brings that rich nutty flavor and brings in the extra nutritious value added to the veggies.
So lets get started with our peanut buttery, nutty, spicy, yummy Spaghetti recipe.
Spaghetti: 200 gms
Carrots shredded/ finally chopped: 1 small
Capsicum thinly sliced: 1/2 large
Cabbage thinly chopped: 1/2 cup
Spring Onions greens: 1 small cup
Tomato, deseeded finally chopped : 1 small
Garlic: 3-4 cloves
Dark Soy Sauce: 1 tbsp
White Vinegar: 1 Tbsp
Peanut Butter: 1.5 -2 Tbsp
Chili Sauce: 1 Tbsp (optional)
Tomato ketchup-2-3 Tbsp
Salt : To taste
Pepper: 1/2 Tsp
Chili Flakes: to taste (optional)
Oli- 2 Tbsp
1) Heat water in a pot till its boiling add spaghetti and cook till its 95% cooked or as they say its Al Dante. You can also follow the instructions on the pack.
2) Once the spaghetti is cooked rinse it in cold water to ensure the cooking process has stopped.
3) Mix Soy sauce, chili sauce, tomato ketchup and peanut butter in a bowl and set aside.
4) Heat a pan on medium flame add oil and add garlic.
5) Turn the flame to high and add carrots, capsicum, cabbage stir for 30 sec.
6) Add the sauces mix and stir now add the spaghetti stir well (you may lower the flame now to make it easier to handle).
7) Now add salt and pepper, as all the sauces have salt in them be careful while adding salt.
8 ) At high heat now add spring onion greens, chopped tomato, chili flakes and vinegar.
9) Stir and serve hot