Mocha one of my bestest of favorites (if that means anything 😉 ). Actually I am a big coffee fan and needless to say I love chocolates. So the goodness of coffee and chocolate combined together becomes the bestest Mocha (For my 2 years old its that language that Minions Speak). So welcome to this ultra tasty recipe and thank you for wishing Plumsnpeppers Happy birthday. Yes its been an year since all this started. Plumsnpeppers.com is an year old already.
I have so many feeling right now mix of everything from Wow!! to Really?? to Amazing and awesome. To thank you so much and also a bit of proud. That’s how it feels right now a mix of everything. But all in all I am happy. In this one year I have experimented a bit, adapted a bit, tried some classics, its been very fulfilling. That’s the word, I have been working since I completed my B tech and this is my first break after a software career for 8.5 years. Being a mommy is definitely a blessing and sure does keep you really busy. But as soon as you start to find just some time for yourself, this void of doing something for self satisfaction starts building. My love for food and camera(a little bit) helped me fill this void.The sense of doing something that you like, brings a lot to you and takes out a lot of negativity from yourself (which can be building in such a scenario). To be honest when I started this blog I thought I will keep some recipes as a backup always ready, at least a few posts would be ready every week, but the reality is very different. I barely ever have a blog ready in advance, I have pics and recipes but bringing it together is mostly done on Tuesday mornings ;). Sometimes managing time is tough but I have been able to manage it as of now and this one year event has given me lots of boost to carry on. Thanks a lot to every one once again.
Coming back to the plumsnpeppers.com birthday recipe Mocha Cupcakes with Mocha Frosting, if you have been to my blog sometimes you might already be knowing, that this is a vegetarian blog. So All my cakes are egg less. About Mocha flavor, getting a coffee flavor in a cake is not very easy, most of the times the coffee flavor is diminished by the time you have the cake baked. This time I thought of using all kinds of coffees and finally it worked this cake has a decent coffee flavor which combined with chocolate is awesome. This is not a tough recipe and not very tie consuming. I used frosting and mixed some brewed and instant coffee to it. Thus my frosting was a thinner consistency , In case you are planning to pipe the frosting to decorate your cupcakes, try to use more instant coffee and less liquid. So lets jump to our Mocha cupcake recipe.
Recipe for Mocha Cupcakes with Mocha Frosting ..Egg less
Yield: 12 Cupcakes
All purpose flour- 1 3/4 cups
Sugar -1 Cup
Oil- 3/4 cup
Vanilla: 1 tbsp
Cocoa powder:3 Tbsp
Brewed black coffee :200 ml
Baking powder -1.5 Tbsp
Baking soda-.5 Tbsp
For mocha Frosting:
Any Store bought chocolate frosting
Instant coffee powder-1.5 Tbsp
Brewed coffee-3-4 Tbsp
Colorful candies for decoration
- Heat oven at 180 deg / 350 f and grease a muffin tray.
- Sift baking powder, baking soda and flour together to make sure they are well mixed.
- Add Cocoa Powder and mix well. Beat sugar and oil together and add to the flour mixture.
- Add vanilla and then slowly add and mix black coffee.(make sure to save 3 tbsp for frosting).
- Mix the whole thing well and then add milk to achieve the cake batter consistency or the ribbon consistency.
- Fill the muffin tray 3/4 with batter and bake from 17-20 minutes, keeping an eye on the muffins. It might take a bit more or less of baking time (depending on your oven), basically we know they are done once a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- In a mixing bowl take out the chocolate frosting (I used Betty Crockers creamy deluxe french chocolate).
- In a small bowl heat some black coffee and add the Instant coffee powder to it.
- Add the coffee mix to the frosting and ix well your frosting is ready.