Hi Guys it’s Tuesday again and I have Soup for you, a very easy ( as always) super healthy and quick soup Mixed Veg Soup. It’s perfect to accompany any of your meals or as a meal when you serve it with a Salad or Soup . In fact you can try it with my favorite Thai Vegetable salad with Peanut butter dressing , or even the vegetables and flax seeds salad. However as I am not right now a weight watcher I love to enjoy this Mixed veg soup with my lovely cheesy garlic breads or the crisp and flaky herb and garlic scones.
Weight watcher or not whatever your mode I know you will love this simple and very flavorful soup. I had it few weeks back and now while typing this post I have a soar throat and I so wish to have this bowl of hot Mixed veg soup with extra pepper in my hands, I can already imagine how comforting it will be.
Coming to the taste its a tangy and a little sweet soup with mild heat of black pepper and garlic flavor. I have used finely chopped veggies as its much convenient to use a chopper and you still get a little crunch of vegetables. How ever if you like chunkier vegetables in your soup please go ahead and dice them, in that case you might need to boil the soup for a little more time to get the veggies to the right texture. Also please feel free to use your choice of vegetables, like cabbage, mushrooms or even cauliflower. Just that mushy veggies like pumpkin might not taste as good in this soup, but if you try them please let me know how it turned out. After all we only know once we have tried. Other than that its a pretty simple recipe and tastes as good as it seems. So let’s check it out the recipe for our very healthy Mixed Veg Soup.
- Red cabbage: 1/4 medium
- Carrots: 4 Medium
- French Beans:200 gms
- Broccoli: 1 small crown
- Celery sticks:4-5
- Garlic:10 cloves
- Soy sauce: 4 tbsp
- Corn Starch:2-3 Tbsp
- Vinegar:3 Tbsp
- Tomato Ketchup: 3 Tbsp
- Salt : To Taste
- Pepper: 2 Tbsp or to taste
- Oil / Butter: 1 Tbsp
- Water: 4 Cups
- Wash and clean the veggies.
- Using a chopper finely chop all these veggies.
- Finely chop Garlic and saute it for 30 seconds in oil.
- Add all the veggies season with a little salt and pepper and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add water and let this all come to a a good boil.
- Mix 2 tbsp cornstarch in a separate bowl with 6 tbsp cold water and add to the soup stirring well.
- Add Soy Sauce and ketchup bring the soup to a boil.
- Taste seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Also you can make the soup thicker if you like, using the rest of the corn starch as suggested previously. *
- Add vinegar to the boiling soup towards the end and switch off the flame.**
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander and serve hot with croutons or soup sticks.
- *The consistency of the soup depends a lot on the veggies used and water content in them so feel free to adjust the consistency to your liking.
- ** Vinegar when added to boiling soup releases its flavor well , don't cook too much after adding vinegar.