This week I had my son’s and my birthday (Thank you for your wishes) yes that’s the reason for the delayed post, but I would keep up to the Tuesday posts in future (fingers crossed). Here’s bringing you this quick and comforting recipe to make up for the delay, just make sure you try it and I promise that you will love it.
We experienced some hot days last week and now its windy and rainy, the nights get pretty cold and this changing weather is taking me for a toll. I seem to have itchy slightly painful throat and what’s better then a hot drink at such a time. For chocolate lovers like me hot chocolate is good any time, but its this Masala hot chocolate specially welcome in such changing weather as it has lots of spices in it which help my throat for sure.
We normally add spices to our tea in India, from ginger to cloves to black pepper corns different regions add different spices. This recipe has pretty much all, yes this fusion of chocolate and vanilla with the spices like fennel (saunf), Cardamom (elaichi), Cloves is definitely going to please your taste buds and its sure to make it in your kitchen as a regular. You will love it definitely and just like me you won’t need a sore throat to make this Masala hot chocolate once you have tried it.
It tastes equally amazing when served chilled, in case I want to have it chilled I don’t strain it till I am about to have it this helps the spices/ masalas further ooze out there flavor to the drink making it all the more awesome. So lets start with this nice and quick recipe.
Recipe For Masala Spiced Hot Chocolate:
Milk- 1/2 Ltr
Cocoa powder-1/2 Tsp
Hot chocolate powder-2 Tbsp
Fennel seeds- 1 Tbsp
Nutmeg powder-1/2 Tsp
Ginger- To taste (optional)
Sugar- to taste (Optional)
- Mix all the spices in a mortar and pestle(hamamdasta) and roughly grind them.
- Boil milk in a pan. In a bowl mix cocoa powder and hot chocolate with 3-4 tbsp of milk and add it to the pan (you may only add hot chocolate if desired).
- Add the spice mix and vanilla to the boiling milk and let it boil for 4-5 minutes.
- If you used unsweetened hot chocolate powder add sugar to taste.
- strain it in you cup and sip in this amazing Masala hot chocolate.