Hellloo again and why am I so excited ? Those who know me must be thinking that’s my general personality but today I also have reasons for my excitement , 1 its Diwali, 2 its my second post after the break, 3 it’s on time and 4th its such and amazing recipe and I thought of these flavors, I mean kesar elaichi the classic amazing flavors blended ti a wow cheesecake isn’t it amazing / interesting/ mouth watering …yum
So cheesecakes are my old crush love from the world of sweets, my darling hubby got one for my last birthday and it revived all the love for these smooth, mildly sweet treats. Making it into a mousse eliminates the long overnight wait, its oh so smooth and that digestive biscuits base adds an amazing texture that I love about it.
It’s a fairly simple recipe if you stick to the proportions and make sure the cream cheese is nice and soft at the room temperature all you need to basically do is mix it all together and keep mixing for some time, so a electric beater will come in handy. By the way this recipe calls for just 1/4 cup sugar an that for me seems just right and not very sweet, but you may want to add on the sugar to please your taste buds. So give it a try friends, very easy, definitely tasty and uniquely flavored with cardamom and saffron there is no reason not to love this kesar elaichi cheesecake mousse.
- Creame cheese -250 gm /1 pack
- Whipping cream - 120 ml/ 1 small box
- Condensed milk- 100 ml
- digestive biscuits-8-10
- Butter-1/4 cup
- Sugar-1/4 cup
- Saffron-10-12 threads soaked in 2 spoons milk &few for garnish
- Cardamom powder-1 tsp
- Vanilla-1/2 tsp
- 6 inch spring form pan, or serving bowls
- In a food processor grind the digestive biscuits add melted butter to them mix well and lines the base of your serving dishes with 1.5 spoons in each dish and press firmly with hands. Chill for 15-20 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl mix softened cream cheese till mixed well, add whipping cream and condensed milk, mix well till the mixture forms soft peeks. You may want to use a electric beater for this
- Add sugar, vanilla, cardamom and saffron and mix well for another minute
- Dollop 1-2 tbsp mixture per serving, garnish with saffron strands and chill for at least 3-4 hours.
- Indulge in these amazing kesar elaichi cheesecake mousse