These crispy yet soft Garlic bread with cheese is my love for breakfast. Its my go to recipe, all it takes is 10 minutes and it really tastes superb. The garlic oil is the key here. You can easily prepare this oil and keep it refrigerated if you want, though it takes not more than 5 minutes to do it. Try the garlic oil on paranthas and have fun.
Vegetables added to this recipe makes it even more tastier and a welcome change. Yes you definitely can make it without cheese but highly recommend to try all three versions.1) Garlic bread with garlic oil only, 2) Garlic bread with cheese, & 3) Garlic bread with cheese and vegetables.
The best part is my son loves the garlic bread with cheese too. Its a wonderful snack item too just stick to smaller portion. A nice accompaniment to soups or salads.
This is a very forgiving recipe, it has no rules. I have used the regular bread because that’s what I have in my fridge always, but you can try the same recipe on different kinds of breads and do share how they turned out. Also I had mozzarella cheese slices in fridge so I used them. But the garlic breads look even prettier when you use shredded cheese (mozzarella or not). But definitely mozzarella cheese works the best here.
Also I have used olive oil ( I had extra virgin olive oil handy) but again you can try it with any proportions of vegetable oil, butter, and olive oil. Again olive oil tastes better.
Also the flavor of garlic is very subtle once you bake /toast the breads, so don’t be scared to get pungent smell, add 2-4 garlic cloves depending on the size. Lets get going with the recipe for these yummy garlic breads with cheese and vegetables.
Bread Slices: 3
Mozzarella cheese slices-2 (torn into pieces)
OR if using shredded cheese -2-3 tbsp (or to taste)
Olive oil: 6 Tbsp
Or use vegetable oil +butter : 3+3 tbsp
Garlic: 2-4 cloves(depending on the size)
Dried Oregano: 1 Tsp
Chili flakes: 1/4 Tsp
Finely chopped Capsicum: 1 tsp
Finely chopped tomatoes: 1 Tsp
Finely chopped Pickled Jalapeno: 1 tsp (optional)
1) In a blender add oil garlic and oregano and blend well. If using Vegetable oil and butter make sure to use melted butter and blend the same way. This is your garlic oil you may store it for future use as well.
2) Brush this oil to the bread both sides generously to all three slices.
When using oven
1) Preheat the oven to 260 Deg C
2) Spread cheese on one slice
3) Spread Vegetables, chili flakes and cheese on the second slice
4) Put all three slices in the oven upper rack and leave for 3-4 minutes or till the cheese bubbles. It will turn golden brown on the lower side.
Make sure to keep an eye as cheese burns very quickly at this temperature. But if you keep the temp low bread will not turn color and become dry and too crusty.
When using pan
1) Heat the pan medium hot and let the bread toast to light brown at one side
2)Now decrease the heat to the low/sim and flip the bread slice add only cheese on 1st slice and vegetables , chili flakes and cheese on the 2nd slice and cover the pan for 40-50 sec (or till the cheese melts). Then remove the cover
3) wait till the lower end of bread turns crusty golden brown and you are good to go.
4) The third slice with garlic oil on both sides and no cheese is just to be toasted till it turns golden brown on both sides.