Hello Everyone! how are you guys? First of all guys sorry for missing last week’s post. It was a crazy week the flu had knocked us out, with both my kids and me being sick trust me it took me Wednesday evening to realize I missed the Tuesday post :D.
But now that we all are back to our normal selves it’s time for a nice and warm post, we are baking the eggless and wholewheat version of the classic nutty banana bread.
It’s holidays season here AKA the baking season, Christmas is around the corner, lights gifts and decor are bringing on the festive spirit. Now if you are in a holiday mood or not, a warm banana bread can never be a wrong choice. Imagine enjoying the aroma and flavors of the warm, sweet, soft and moist and nutty cake/bread while sitting back on your couch perfect. right? Now make this bread Eggless and wholewheat, I am sure you are already loving me for this recipe.
Banana bread is a crusty at top & moist within nutty bread. It’s a simple recipe, calls for very basic ingredients and is perfectly brown like you see in stores. You just need to make sure the bananas used here are overripe, to bring the nice brown color of the bread. So let’s check out this simple recipe for our Eggless whole wheat nutty banana Bread
- Whole wheat flour:1 Cup
- All purpose flour:3/4 cup
- Banana: 4 overripe
- Oil :3/4 cup
- Granulated/powdered sugar:1/2 cup
- Brown sugar:1/4 cup
- Vanilla: 1 tbsp
- Chopped walnuts:1/2 cup
- Chopped sunflower seeds: 1/4 cup
- Cinnamon powder:1 tsp
- Milk:1/2 -3/4 cup
- Baking powder:1 Tsp
- Baking Soda:1/2 Tsp
- Vinegar:1 tbsp
- Preheat the oven at 350 deg.
- In a mixing bowl sieve together all purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder, add in the whole wheat flour, cinnamon powder mix well.
- Add the nuts and coat them well with flour.
- In another mixing bowl mash the bananas with a fork, add oil, sugar, 1/2 cup milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Add these ingredients to the flour mix and gently fold in the flour avoid over mixing.
- In a greased and floured baking loaf pan 9X5x3 inch loaf pan pour in the ingredients and bake for 60 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean from the center.
- Cool for 20 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Slice and enjoy this egg less whole wheat nutty banana bread.
- Use bananas which have lots of brown spots on them due to over ripening.
- Use vegetable oil or any other unflavored oil.
- Sunflower seeds are optional.
- In case you don't have brown sugar replace it with the regular powdered sugar, the result might be a little less brown but equally tasty