No meal is complete without a dessert, though making a dessert is mostly a long or complex process. This mousse is thankfully an exception, its real quick very less ingredients and tastes super yummy.
I know you don’t wan’t to spend hours on special days in kitchen preparing desserts. That’s why – just mix, whisk and refrigerate yes it’s that simple. So try this on this valentines, or your anniv or bday’s, its sure to make you an your loved ones happy. I love the coconut flavor that’s why I have added coconut essence and desiccated coconut to it. If you are not a coconut fan, simply chuck out the coconut from the chocolate mousse, or add any other flavor to the plain. This coconut mousse uses desiccated which gives it a different texture, if you want your mousse to be super smooth skip desiccated coconut.
Having creme cheese at room temperature or softened is crucial to get this recipe right. So please make sure to take it out of the fridge accordingly. This dessert is obviously very rich and heavy, thus in this recipe I have considered small servings for four people. Please feel free to double or halve the recipe as per your needs. What else let’s get started.
Creme cheese softened- 4 oz (half the small pack)
Heavy whipping creme- 1 cup
Icing sugar- 1/4 cup- 1/2 cup (to taste)
Coconut essence- 1 Tsp
Desiccated coconut- 3 Tbsp
Nutella spread- 3Tbsp or to taste
1) In a bowl whisk whipping creme till soft peeks are formed.
2) In another bowl beat creme cheese sugar and coconut essence.
3) Add whipped creme and coconut to the creme cheese mixture with real soft hands.
4) Divide the mixture in to 2 parts.
5) Mix nutella or any other chocolate spread softly to one half .
6) Pour it into your serving dishes and refrigerate for 20 minutes at least. (if you have longer refrigeration time make sure to cover it to help retain moisture)