Its a lot to say today, I haven’t posted a recipe last week, as much I hate to say this, but the truth is I was really busy. Both me and my lil one were not keeping well, in the same order. I wasn’t supposed to use laptop as per my doc for a while. Anyways how have you guys been?? Hope you had a perfect Diwali? Well I had a good Diwali too and now that the snow is here I am all set for the holiday mood. There is so much going on in my mind right now. I am thinking of my shopping list for my self and for my house (I have a long list which keeps getting updated everyday in my phone 😉 ). On the other hand I am thinking of recipes to try and then share with you guys (No wonder that I have another long list for this one too). So much fun coming up.
Coming to this weeks post, I have tried couple of recipes this week. As me and my Boy were not well I din’t cook much around the week. Staying away from cooking made me try 2-3 things in this 2 days period (cooking for me works like a therapy at times). As much as I wish it was so, the truth is writing a food blog is a lot more than cooking food. I need to make sure I cook it in day time so that I can click good pictures. That means all the tasty food that is cooked for dinners doesn’t even qualify for the site, because if its not fresh it doesn’t look appealing in pictures. Sometimes the fresh and tasty food doesn’t look the same in pictures (I need to work a lot on my photography, and I would luv to). Basically I want to say that the dishes I tried recently, didn’t come out as interesting in the pictures, so I turned to my food images folder where I found this Penne Pasta casserole which was made many months ago.
Pasta is a nice and comforting dish which I can have as any part of the day. This dish is pretty easy to make and has a nice tangy and hot flavor to it. The cheese on the top makes it more yummy.I have used penne pasta here as its tube kinds structure holds the sauce well, you can also use elbow or any other pasta of your choice. I have used a mix of mozzarella and cheddar cheese here, you may replace or use only one as per you choice. So without talking anymore about the same let me jump to the recipe.
Recipe For Cheesy Tomato Penne Pasta Casserole:
Penne Pasta: 1.5 cups boiled
Mixed shreded Cheese: 1/2-3/4 cup
Tomato: 4-5 medium
Onion: 1 medium
Green capsicum: 1 medium
Garlic : 4-5 cloves
Chili Flakes: 1.5 Tbsp
Black pepper: 1/2 Tsp
Italian seasoning-1 Tbsp
Olive Oil – 3 Tbsp
tomato ketchup-3 Tbsp
Salt : To taste
- Boil the pasta as per the instruction on the pack.
- Finally chop Onion, mince garlic, and puree tomato.
- In a Pan heat oil and add minced garlic and chopped onion.
- Once the onions are translucent add tomato and a pinch of salt.
- let it cook till a nice sauce consistency is reached about 5-7 minutes.
- Add ketchup for color and chopped green capsicum.
- Add oregano, chili flakes and black pepper for seasoning.
- Add pasta and coat well with sauce.
- let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Take the pasta out in baking dish and mix the cheese, saving half of it for topping.
- Bake it at 180 deg for 7- 10 minutes till the cheese melts.
- Take out of the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.