Looks like this Cheese and Garlic crack bread is everywhere, we have seen it on Pinterest, youtube, Instagram etc.. and why not it looks awesome and tastes super yum. Looking at all these pics, this one has been on my lists for a while and finally, I made it.
I am so happy with the way my Cheese and garlic crack bread turned out, looks just the way I wanted it to and it tasted yum as expected so its a success ye ye…
I make cheese and garlic bread pretty regularly as everyone in my family is a fan, but to make these you need a little time in hand to take pictures before people eat it :D, it looks so awesome, it’s cheesy and garlicky so you want to dig right in. But I was able to hold everyone for a while and take a few pictures for you, only a few though.
We were hungry for our breakfast and it looked and smelled so yummy that after eating half the bread we realized we should bake it a little more, as you can see half of our cheese and garlic bread is missing in the picture above.
The recipe is very simple, the most tedious part is to make those cracks and stuff them, but I guess we will only make it when we have friends coming over and this makes sense in that case. Your guests will be all praises for you and it’s so easy to share, in fact, its meant for parties and get-togethers.
As I said this is a pretty simple recipe all we are doing is, buttering the bread with homemade garlic butter and stuffing with cheese to bake it. So check out the recipe for this simple cheese and garlic crack bread and make sure to try it for your next get together.
- Salted Butter: 1/2 cup softened
- Garlic: 4-5 cloves
- Olive Oil: 4-5 tbsp
- Parsley- 1 handful
- Mozzarella grated: 2 cups
- Mix softened butter, olive oil, parsley and garlic in a blender and blend til well mixed.
- Make diagonal cuts in baguette 3/4 the depth (you don't want to cut through) 1st in one direction and then in 90 degrees opposite to make the pieces look like little squares.
- Apply garlic butter in the slits generously trying to cover as many slits as possible
- Now stuff grated mozzarella as much or as little as you like
- Cover the bread with foil and bake at 450 deg for 5-8 minutes
- Remove the top foil and bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and starts to brown.
- Enjoy this yummy Cheese and garlic crack bread with friends and family.
- To me this recipe needs no added salt as the garlic, butter and cheese makes it salty enough, but you may want to adjust the salt to your taste.
- You can use any stringy melting cheese with mozzarella or on its own.