Hey friends it’s time , It’s time I let you guys know the news… A news that will explain many things, for instance my missing posts now and then. I have been planning to share it for a while, though wasn’t sure how to? But as always when I sit to write a post it starts getting clearer… I have been preparing for a new journey lately.. been keeping well and not so well at times.. lazy or busy at some other times. However I did try to keep up with my blogging.
So coming to the point, now I need to take a break.. a break from blogging, for a beautiful reason.. yes it’s a mat break. I love to cook, click and post my recipes on plumsnpeppers.com, but am sure coming few months I need to take a break to enjoy my new journey.
Before this sweet small break what better than a classic sweet dish? Besan aur suji ka halwa. Halwa is a classic in most of our Indian houses, but adding this little twist of besan to the regular halwa makes it different and more delicious. So let’s check out the recipe for this slightly different and very tasty Besan aur Suji ka Halwa.
- Semolina -1 Cup
- Besan / Gram Flour- 1/4 Cup
- Ghee-1 Cup
- MIxed dry fruits- 1/4 cup
- Sugar-1cup or to taste
- Water- 2.5 cups
- In a pan heat ghee on medium flame and add besan.
- Cook till the besan in light brown and you can smell the aroma of besan roasting in your house. This may take a few minutes.
- Once the besan is light brown and fragrant add suji along with dry fruits and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add Sugar mix well.
- Add water and let it all cook till the halwa consistency is reached.
- Serve hot.