Hey all! I know what you are thinking, it’s been a while since I posted right? I have been missing for last two weeks, ya, all I can say I have very less motivation left to carry on, nowadays I feel I just talk to myself here. Although Google tells me there is traffic, but then why I don’t see any love?
I hold you responsible for these missing posts, as much as I am, I mean look at your comments and likes and here on the sites, I hardly get any love. So if you are reading this and you like my posts I want you to leave a comment, on this post, like and share it on Facebook, Twitter, or whatever form of social media you prefer and I will keep sharing amazing recipes with you guys.
All right, now that I am done being a crybaby, let’s talk about today’s awesome recipe Avocado Pasta Salad, a creamy cold salad perfect for Spring, Summer, potlucks, or evening dinners on your deck. BTW if you can have dinner on your deck/ balcony already trust me you are lucky, I am not going to have such pleasure till at least 2 months from now, thanks to this lovely white snow.
Talking about our cold avocado pasta salad, I love its lovely light green color, it is loaded with veggies and creaminess of the cream cheese, avocado and mayonnaise and those beans add the much-needed proteins. A perfect summer salad for your loved ones.
If you are the spice-loving kinds you might want to add some chili flakes to this avocado pasta salad, although this salad tastes pretty good as is.
This recipe is as easy as it gets, and still very flavorful and filling. You will love
- the creamy coating of the dressing
- the mild garlic flavor (opt out if you don’t like garlic)
- Hint of herbs
- Crunchy veggies it all goes together very well.
Just a few things you need to keep in mind for this avocado pasta salad recipe:
- Use well ripe avocados
- Cook pasta 1-2 minutes more than you normally do
- refrigerate this salad at least 4-6 hours if not overnight before serving
So let’s check out the recipe and get going:
- Pasta: 1 cup
- Boiled beans: 1/2 cup
- Broccoli: 1/2 cup chopped
- Carrot: 1 medium chopped
- Peas: 1/4 cup
- Corns: 1/2 cup
- Diced mozzarella: 1/2 cup
- Ripe avocado:2
- Cream cheese: 4 tsp
- Mayonnaise: 2 tsp
- Lemon juice:2 -3 tsp
- Garlic: 1 clove
- Oregano: 1/4 tsp
- Basil:1/4 tsp
- Black pepper:1/2 tsp
- Salt:to taste
- Olive oil-3 tsp
- Boil Pasta a minute more than the instructions on the pack.We want the pasta to be little more soft as it will cool down.
- Microwave or par boil the veggies
- Prepare the dressing by blending all ingredients for dressing, you might want to adjust the consistency by adding a tsp water at a time and blending again.
- In a big mixing bowl mix together all the ingredients until well combined.
- Refrigerate at least for 6 hours, serve cold.